Give me wandering around lost and phone-less at five a.m. in Paris for another ten minutes biking around Amsterdam. I’ll take it. I’m grateful for the unforgettable travel moments I’ve had around world. From the silly to disastrous mishaps, let’s celebrate each time travel blessed us with the surprising, the splendid, and the simple moments.
- That time someone took time out of their day to guide you in the right direction. Shout out to all the little old men and ladies in Europe who used a series of hand gestures to help out!
- That time you discovered the most delicious street food because you saw the first thing that looked edible.
- That time you met the love of your life one weekend at a hostel. You imagined you would love each other forever (and then you went your separate ways).
- That time you and your friends skinny dipped and no one stole your clothes (or your IPhone).
- That time you saw an iconic landmark in real life.
- That time someone made you feel welcome on a holiday when you felt lonely.
- That unexpected moment you found yourself in the midst of a festival or tradition.
- That time you barely made your flight, train, or car, but you made it and didn’t have to buy a new ticket.
- That time a group of people extended an invitation to join their group and you felt like you made your best friends.
- That time you stayed up until you saw the sunrise.
- That time you got to see one of your favorite bands play in a foreign country.
- That time you got lost, but ended up discovering something amazing.
- That time you toured a friend or family member in a new city.
- That time you did something alone abroad and survived!
- Anytime you get to travel because travel is always giving you something to be thankful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone around the world!
Remember there are so many more times to be thankful each and every day we travel. What travel moments are you thankful for this year?